Traffic Tip Tuesday – April 14, 2019
Traffic Tip Tuesday is brought to you by Ryan Waller with Home Group Realty.
Defensive driving keeps the roads safer for everyone.
It will help you navigate in most road and traffic conditions and anticipate the possibility of a mishap.
Following these steps will also make driving a more enjoyable experience:
RESPECT THE RIGHT OF WAY OF EVERYONE
- If you spot a vehicle in a hurry – yield the right of way even if you are legally right in refusing. While the other driver might be being a bully in claiming you give way, it’s better to let him through. Do not block the path of the vehicle by moving in front of it or impede its passage in any way. Doing so is dangerous and increases the risk of an accident.
- Also, weaving in and out of traffic is another serious safety threat.
DO NOT EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT
- Driving over a given speed limit is not only illegal, but also dangerous. and increases the chances of an accident. So… choose a speed matching the rest of the traffic as closely as possible without exceeding the speed limit. If the rest of the traffic is moving at a pace faster than you like, keep to the lane on the right and stay out of the way of the faster vehicles.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD
- Numerous accidents happen because a driver does not pay attention to what is happening on the road. Also remember that you cannot rely on your fellow drivers to follow the rules and keep you safe. So stay alert and ensure that you have plenty of room to manoeuvre your vehicle out of a potentially dangerous situation.
SLOW DOWN ON WET ROADS AND IN BAD WEATHER
- Driving at high speeds in heavy rain could lead to your car aquaplaning
- Make sure that your car tires have the right air pressure because over-inflating tires reduces the area of contact with the road.
- Visibility is also reduced in a dense fog and judging the distances between vehicles becomes difficult.
Today’s Guelph Road Safety Traffic Tip has been brought to you by Ryan Waller, Sales Representative with Home Group Realty & real estate writer for Guelph Today. Check out ryanwaller.ca