Traffic Tip Tuesday – July 16, 2019
Traffic Tip Tuesday is brought to you by Ryan Waller with Home Group Realty.
If police stop you for driving 50 km/hr or more over the speed limit, you will be charged with street racing.
Police will suspend your licence on the spot and impound your vehicle for 7 days. If convicted, you will face severe penalties
On a first conviction, drivers could face fines ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 and a jail term of up to six months, as well as a Licence suspension up to 2 years or 6 demerit points
A Second and subsequent conviction within 10 years of the first conviction can also result in a fines ranging from $2,000 to $10,000, Jail term of up to 6 months, and a licence suspension up to 10 years
Here’s a few tips from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation:
- Slow down when driving at night, especially on unlit and undivided roads.
- Follow at a safe distance, at least two seconds behind the vehicle in front of you.
- Lower your speed in bad weather, heavy traffic, and in school and construction zones.
- Be extra careful when driving through areas where people are working on or near the road.
- And, be patient if traffic is delayed.
Today’s Guelph Road Safety Traffic Tip has been brought to you by Ryan Waller, Sales Representative with Home Group Realty & real estate writer for Guelph Today. Check out ryanwaller.ca