Traffic Tip Tuesday – Sept 17, 2019
Traffic Tip Tuesday is brought to you by Ryan Waller with Home Group Realty.
A large number of people in the workforce either drive for a living or log significant kilometers as part of their jobs.
As an employer, it is in your best interest that your employees drive safely. Here are some tips from the U-S Occupational Safety and Health Administration to help drivers keep themselves and others safe while on the road.
- Drivers and passengers should use a seat belt at all times.
- Be well-rested before driving.
- Avoid taking medications that make you drowsy.
- Set a realistic goal for the number of miles that you can drive safely each day.
- If you are impaired by alcohol or any drug, do not drive.
- Avoid distractions, such as adjusting the radio or other controls, eating or drinking, and talking on the phone.
- Continually search the roadway to be alert to situations requiring quick action.
- Stop about every 2 hours for a break. Get out of the vehicle to stretch, take a walk, and get refreshed.
- Avoid aggressive driving by keeping your cool in traffic.
- Be patient and courteous to other drivers.
- Reduce your stress by planning your route ahead of time, allowing plenty of travel time, and avoiding crowded roadways and busy driving times.
Today’s Guelph Road Safety Traffic Tip has been brought to you by Ryan Waller, Sales Representative with Home Group Realty & real estate writer for Guelph Today. Check out ryanwaller.ca