Latest updates — Coronavirus Cancellations
The City of Guelph, Waterloo Region and its municipalities, and Wellington County and all of its municipalities have declared a STATE OF EMERGENCY
Here’s a list of what’s being impacted around Guelph and the tri-cities.
- All public meetings or events scheduled at City of Guelph facilities are cancelled until July 5.
- Drayton Entertainment has cancelled all remaining performances through Sunday, May 3.
- The Guelph Tool Library will be closed indefinitely.
- The Guelph Farmers’ Market is closed indefinitely.
- The Kitchener Market will be closed indefinitely
- The Centre in the Square will be cancelling all shows until further notice.
- The KW Symphony is cancelling performances until further noitice
- The Child Witness Centre has cancelled its 2020 Youth Symposium.
- The Kiwanis Sports Celebrity Dinner on May 20 is postponed. Anyone who has already purchased tickets will be refunded. Questions can be directed to the Kiwanis Club of Guelph.
- Guelph Police Service Charity Gala, scheduled for June 4th has been postponed.
- The Guelph Gryphons Department of Athletics has announced that the 2019-20 athletic banquet will be broadcast online on Sunday, April 5 at 7pm on the Guelph Gryphons official YouTube channel.
Crime Stoppers Guelph Wellington is cancelling all Mulch Sales for the 2020 season.
- The GRCA is cancelling all spring tree planting activities for 2020. This includes online orders, community. planting events, private land tree planting projects, as well as the GRCA’s annual tree sale in May.
- All publicly funded schools will be closed between March 14 and May 4.
- Face-to-face classes at the University of Guelph have been cancelled. The university and its buildings remain open.
- Guelph & District Multicultural Festival has been cancelled.
- Fergus Agricultural Society is cancelling “Breakfast on the Farm” (June 20, 2020) and the Fergus Fall Fair (September 18 to 20, 2020).
- Hillside Summer Festival 2020 rescheduled to July 23-25, 2021.
- The Government of Ontario has issued an emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to close all outdoor recreational amenities, such as sports fields and playgrounds, effective immediately.
- (UPDATE)Based on the advice from Guelph’s Medical Officer of Health, the City of Guelph has decided to close all of its facilities to the public until the City’s State of Emergency is Lifted. This includes arenas, pools, recreation centres, libraries, museums, the Provincial Offences Court, and City Hall.
- Public waste drop off is also now closed to residents, however commercial drop off will stay open.
- The Evergreen Senior Community Centre is closed to the public. All programs and events cancelled until April 30.
- Township of Centre Wellington services and programming.
- All recreation facilities, including the CW Community Sportsplex, the Elora Community Centre and Belwood Hall. No new bookings or registration for programs and services will be accepted until further notice.
- The Victoria Park Senior Centre. The building will remain closed until April 5, all special events, bus trips and Wednesday lunches have been suspended until May 1.
- The Fergus Grand Theatre. All performances taking place from March 16 to April 15 have been either cancelled or postponed.
- The Elora Fergus Tourism Office will be closed until April 5.
- The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington has cancelled all volunteer shifts until further notice and Free to Grow applications will only be processed online, email or over the phone until April 6.
- Wellington County Closures
- Library and Wellington County Museum and Archives are closed to the public until April 6.
- County Administration Centre closed to public.
- County Social Services Offices closed to public, residents needing social assistance are
asked to call 519.837.6274
- County Garages closed to public.
- County Re-Use Centres closed to the public.
- County Waste Facilities are closed. Residents are being asked to use curbside collection services for residential waste needs. To ensure your garbage is collected, residents should have their waste materials
- All upcoming Green Legacy Municipal Tree Day events are cancelled. The Green Legacy will alternatively be offering a contact-free home delivery service of tree orders across the County.placed on the curb, in a User Pay bag, by 7:00 am on their scheduled collection day.
- Shelldale Family Gateway is suspending all programs until April 5 or the re-opening of the school system. This includes the cancellation of all March Break programs, all Breakfast Club and all after school and evening programs put on by Shelldale Family Gateway.
- The Grand River Conservation Authority is closing all of its nature centres and cancelling March Break camps.
- All programs and events at Idea Exchange are cancelled, effective immediately, until further notice.
- The Guelph Legion has closed indefinitely.
- Wellington Terrace long term care facility in Fergus is closed to visitors and volunteers.
- The Elliott long term care facility is closed to the public.
- North End Harvest Market is closed until further notice.
- The Guelph-Wellington Seniors Association has cancelled all face-to-face programming.
- Team SKS Martial Arts – Sealy Karate Schools – has cancelled all classes until further notice.
- The Guelph Curling Club is closed for the season.
- Ladies Auxiliary Thursday Night Bingo is cancelled indefinitely until further notice.
- Hospice Wellington is cancelling all programs until further notice. All doors will be locked and you will need to be screened to visit the residence.
- YM/YWCA of Guelph, YMCAs of Cambridge, Kitchener-Waterloo and YMCA of Stratford-Perth have closed all of the Child Care, EarlyON and Health, Fitness and Aquatics facilities until further notice.
- Cats Anonymous has cancelled all Meet & Greets until further notice. They will continue to book adoption appointments. 519-855-6850. http://www.catsanonymous.ca.
- Guelph Member of Parliament, Lloyd Longfield’s community office in Guelph will now be operating remotely only. The public can continue to reach the office at Lloyd.email@example.com.
- KidsAbility is suspending face-to-face client visits in Centre, in homes and in the community until at least April 6. No client, family, volunteer or donor will be permitted to enter any KidsAbility site during this time.
- Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington is closing all of its offices effective March 18 until further notice. All appointments, groups and children’s Walk-Ins are being moved to online, and phone services. 67 King Street in Kitchener and 80 Waterloo Ave in Guelph will remain open only to clients who require injections by appointment only.
- Action Read Community Literacy Centre is closed until further notice.
- Guelph General Hospital is restricting visitors and cancelling elective services.
- Grand River Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital are screening patients and visitors at hospital doors. Some entrances may be closed or have reduced access. Elective surgeries have been cancelled and a number of outpatient clinics have been closed.
- Guelph Medical Laser and Skin Centre closed until further notice.
- Eramosa Physiotherapy – Guelph Women’s Health Associates and the Health and Performance Centre are temporarily closed.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph office is closed until further notice; however, they will remain open for business remotely.
- Ontario Provincial Police:
- OPP facilities remain open during regular operating hours, with enhanced screening to ensure the health and safety of the public.
- The OPP is limiting the processing of routine criminal record checks/vulnerable sector checks. Checks will only be conducted if deemed to be necessary, or for emergency circumstances.
- If you require any detachment-based service, including criminal record checks/vulnerable sector checks, please contact your local detachment in advance.
- Guelph Police Service:
- The Guelph Police Service station located at 15 Wyndham Street South is now closed for non-emergency services until further notice. In order to best protect our community and our members, please refrain from attending the station in person unless you have an emergency situation that cannot be dealt with over the phone at 519-824-1212.
- The Records Check counter will be closed effective March 18th until further notice. Freedom Of Information and Record Check requests can be accessed at:
- Police Record Check Applications: https://policecheck.guelphpolice.ca/
- Freedom of Information Requests: https://forms.guelphpolice.ca/Legal/Freedom-of-Information
- Until further notice, Freedom of Information Requests are to be made via mail only. Freedom of Information Release (in-person pick-up) is suspended until further notice.
- MF Property Management Ltd is closed to the public until further notice.
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre:
- Access is restricted to visitors, including volunteers. Family members are encouraged to keep in touch with their loved ones by phone or other technologies.
- The following programs will be closed:
• All adult day programs, including Out ‘n About Day Program, Fergus Day Out
Program, Acquired Brain Injury Program, Alzheimer’s Day Program/ Dinner Club,
Young Onset Dementia Association, and the Waterloo Wellington Regional
Aphasia Program (WWRAP)
• All outpatient therapy programs, including: outpatient physiotherapy and
occupational therapy programs, and the adult and children’s speech-language
- All employees and physicians entering into SJHCG’s facilities will go through enhanced screening
protocols at each entry.
- In-person meetings are being limited and moving to teleconferences and video conferencing when possible.
- Grand River Conservation Authority all facilities and parks are closed to the public.
- 2nd Chance Employment Counselling is closing the resource centres on Norfolk Street, at the Stone Road Mall and in Fergus but are available for phone and email support at 519-823-2440.
- Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph is temporarily closing their three ReStore locations. All planned Build Day activity on the Cityview Village build site has also been halted.
- Inspirah Property Management is closed to the public until further notice.
- Guelph Little Theatre is closed, except for essential building services and personnel, until May 31.
- The Guelph Storm and Kitchener Rangers are not playing after the Canadian Hockey League cancelled its 2019-20 season and the playoffs.
- The University of Guelph athletics has cancelled several events, services and programs until further notice.
- Guelph Minor Soccer has cancelled all activities related to its rep soccer programs
- Guelph Minor Softball Association has suspended all house league clinics. All rep practices for the Guelph Gators are also suspended.
- The Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) is postponing its June 12 exhibition game with the Canadian Senior Men’s National Basketball Team in Hamilton.
- PROVINCIAL STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED MARCH 17 – Bars, restaurants, theatres, libraries, child-care centres and recreation programs are NOW shut down across Ontario. Public events with more than 50 people attending are banned. Restaurants are still permitted to provide take-out.
- ONLY WORKPLACES DEEMED ESSENTIAL BY THE ONTARIO GOVERNMENT MAY REMAIN OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
- For listings of downtown Guelph businesses offering delivery, take out and online ordering options, follow the pop up at www.downtownguelph.com.
This is an evolving list and will be updated as more information becomes available.
If you have a cancellation to report, please call the newsroom at 519-823-1460 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or GlobalGuelph@globalnews.ca